Why opt for a B.Tech lateral course?January 15, 2020
So long as mankind is building and developing, engineers will always be in demand. More so, in India, where the scope for innovation and application of engineering marvels is enormous. But often, due to very high cut-offs and financial constraints, students who pass out of Class X can take up Diploma in Engineering programs – these are 3-year programs that, technically speaking, not as top-notch as a proper B.Tech degree – in the job market, B.Tech graduates are more in demand and can command a better salary, too. This is where a lateral entry program comes as a boon.
Some education experts believe that the practical knowledge gained during a diploma course can help Lateral Entry students grasp machines better, which is an added advantage for those looking for courses in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical Engineering.
The note for aspiring students here would be to go to a top-ranked university for this course. With B.Tech lateral course being a popular one, a good engineering institute that combines research and innovation, classroom lessons with experiential learning will provide that cutting-edge in the job market.
Any student with a 3-year Diploma in Engineering or an equivalent degree can get admitted directly to the 2nd Year (3rd semester) of a relevant B.Tech program. This means, if you’ve completed a Diploma in Automobile Engineering, you are eligible to get into the 3rd Semester of B.Tech Automobile Engineering directly and get a B.Tech degree in a course of three years. A B.Tech degree has a higher edge in the industry.
Eligibility criteria for a B.Tech. Lateral Entry Programme is a Diploma from the Board of Technical Examination of any State Government, with minimum 45 % aggregate marks; or a BSc Degree (with Maths in Class XII) from a recognized institution/university with minimum 45% aggregate marks. Math being one of the core subjects in Class XII is a must.
BTech Lateral Entry Courses offered at MIT
The Lateral Entry courses have been carefully charted and crafted to give the students maximum scope and advantage in the job market upon completion. Eligible candidates can get BTech Lateral Entry admission to the following streams:
● BTech in Aeronautical Engineering
● BTech in Automobile Engineering
● BTech in Biomedical Engineering
● BTech in Biotechnology Engineering
● BTech in Chemical Engineering
● BTech in Civil Engineering
● BTech in Computer & Communication Engineering
● BTech in Computer Science & Engineering
● BTech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
● BTech in Electronics & Communication Engineering
● BTech in Industrial & Production Engineering
● BTech in Information Technology
● BTech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
● BTech in Mechanical Engineering
● BTech in Mechatronics
● BTech in Media Technology
You can get more details about BTech lateral entry programs here.
Why go for MIT, Manipal
Ranked 5th among the private engineering colleges in India, here, the goal is to enable students with the latest skills of the various industries. Students get a new-age learning experience through MIT’s unique pedagogy. The campus atmosphere is a live-wire one, always motivating the engineers-in-the-making to convert ideas to innovations. The faculty comprises experts in their respective fields, who teach with a passion and zeal that has the students wanting to excel.
Today, MIT Manipal has MOUs with more than 15 foreign universities across the globe, which helps the students get hands-on experience of a spectrum of industries. There’s more:
● State-of-the-art innovation center and lab facilities
● Followers of green practices – a must for teaching young engineers how to save the earth while innovating
● Well-stocked libraries
● Strategic industry tie-ups that help give students live projects to work on
● On-campus practical learning facilities
● Good placement opportunities
What are the placement/career opportunities
This is the most-asked, and a must-be-asked question also. The job market is a tough one to crack, and being granted equal opportunities often falls short. MIT, Manipal aims at giving students that cutting-edge job market advantage with ample industry exposure and experiential learning opportunities. Exposure to top industry workings and trends gives the students a cutting-edge advantage.
Students who do well get placed in top-notch industries, widening their career scope and reach right at the beginning. MIT Manipal comes with:
● A proactive placement cell that helps students with charting a successful career path
● An outstanding placement record
● The advantage of being a preferred destination for campus recruitment for global corporate giants across industries
● A focus on getting their graduates placed across core engineering streams
● A global alumni network that includes industry luminaries like Satya Nadella (CEO, Microsoft), Rajeev Suri (CEO, Nokia) and Anant J Talaulicar (MD Cummins India Ltd), among others.
Manipal Academy of Higher education (MAHE) is a global institute of repute. Besides courses in various other fields, here are some of the popular ones that students opt for. Click on the course of your interest to find out more about it.