Everything You Need To Know About The MSc Course At ManipalFebruary 4, 2020
The emergence of science and technology as a prominent field of study has brought about a major transformation in modern academic circles. This is primarily because the scope of science-based courses is not limited to R&D anymore. Instead, the opportunities available for science graduates/post-graduates have gradually expanded to cover a number of top-rated posts in industries like medicine, polymers, chemicals, and petrochemicals.
At present, people with an MSc degree are being employed in various technical and non-technical capacities across different sectors. This enhanced scope has resulted in about 2.18 lakh people enrolling in an MSc course every year!
So, if you too are planning to build a career in science, choosing to do an MSc course from a prestigious and renowned university can prove to be your best bet. One such institution which offers a string of exhaustive and professional MSc courses is – Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
Rated as the number one private Indian university in research, MAHE provides an excellent launchpad for aspirants who are willing to pursue the discipline of science. It offers specialized MSc degrees in:
Focusing on both, the theoretical and practical aspects of Physics, this MSc course is run by highly qualified faculty members who possess decades of on-field experience. Getting an MSc admission in Physics gives you instant access to:
• Good laboratory infrastructure with state-of-the-art equipment
• A learning resource center containing lateral reading materials
• Seminars, workshops, and symposiums that foster a culture of innovation
• Summer internships in India and abroad
MSc Chemistry from MAHE is an extremely sought after course because it offers humongous opportunities in research and academic sectors. Students with a Chemistry degree from Manipal have formerly been placed in biotech, pharmaceuticals, plastics, and other similar industries. This course provides benefits like:
• Complete access to a fully-equipped chemistry lab
• Student exchange programs in line with global best practices
• Industrial tie-ups including 140 international collaborations
• Proactive placement cells with outstanding placement records
Functioning since 1958, the Geology department at Manipal specifically focuses on Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric sciences. Registering for an MSc admission in Geology here can give a significant boost to your career because:
• GIS, remote sensing, geochemistry and petrology lab access is provided
• Latest software and equipment are installed to gain thorough knowledge
• One full semester is entirely dedicated to undertaking project work
• Geological mapping & training is offered by experienced geologists
Applied Mathematics & Computing
When it comes to applied mathematics and computing, MAHE gains a decisive edge over its competitors owing to its comprehensive, credible and professional syllabi. This is further supplemented by advantages like:
• Modern software for technical or computing purposes
• Ultra-modern computing lab facilities
• Collaborations with companies for specific projects or initiatives
• Dedicated & experienced faculty driven by continuous research
Each MSc course lasts for an overall duration of two years. Although there is no minimum age limit for gaining admission into these courses, MAHE has prescribed a predefined set of MSc eligibility criteria. These include:
– If you are an Indian national, you can simply apply under the general category.
– If you are a foreign national, you can enroll for MSc by applying under Foreign/NRI category.
– If you apply under both categories, you will be treated as a general category candidate.
– A request for change of category would not be entertained after admission.
– For MSc Physics, you must have passed BSc with Physics as a major subject.
– For MSc Chemistry, you must possess a BSc degree with Chemistry as a major subject.
– For MSc Geology, you must have passed BSc with Geology as a major subject. You must also have studied any two of the following subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany, Zoology, Environment Science.
– For MSc in Applied mathematics and computing, you must possess a BSc degree with Mathematics as a major subject.
– Your total score must have been a minimum of 50% aggregate.
As the season of MSc admissions 2019 dawns, the rush for getting into an illustrious university is bound to grow stronger. In such an environment, your entire focus should be on finding an institute that extracts knowledge from the past, gathers experience from the present and devises a fail-safe approach for the future.
After all, the times ahead call for the development of a targeted, inclusive and interdisciplinary outlook that harbors the potential to explore various facets of science in an integrated, effective and academically enriching way.
Manipal Academy of Higher education (MAHE) is a global institute of repute. Besides courses in various other fields, here are some of the popular ones that students opt for. Click on the course of your interest to find out more about it.