B.Tech in Electronics and Communication- Scope & EligibilityJanuary 15, 2020
Developments in the field of Electronics and Communication engineering are taking the world by storm. Everything from mobile phones to computers, ATMs, and advanced satellites are a product of ingenious electronics. With IoT and AI trending all over the world, B.Tech ECE graduates have a lot of possibilities and an exciting career to look forward to. It is one of those domains every other industry requires and is constantly developing and evolving.
B. Tech electronics and communication students can frame their future in whichever industry they see fit and make a lucrative career out of it. Here are some trending career paths that have a lot of scope for B.Tech ECE students-
1. Robotics: Automation is evolving every day, and so is the robotics industry. Almost every industry is joining this bandwagon to limit manual labor and ease the way operations take place in an organization.
2. IoT: Starting from smartphones to smart devices and smart homes, people prefer everything smart. Creating a unified environment with a centralized control system is the latest buzz, and electronics and communication engineering can certainly cash in on this new trend.
3. Embedded Software Solutions: This is also a continually evolving domain that involves complex hardware systems having microcontrollers or processors embedded into them to perform specific tasks.
4. Image Processing: These days, image processing is more digitalized than ever before. One can develop computer algorithms and codes to process digital images or detect a specific image. There are a lot of prospects in this domain that are yet to be explored to their fullest potential.
B. Tech ECE is a four-year program that consists of eight semesters and bi-annual evaluations. The first, third, and fourth semesters are standard for both ECE and CSE students and carry the same subject load, which deals more with software and technology.
The subjects taught in the ECE course curriculum are:
● Embedded Logic Design
● Signal and Systems
● Circuit Theory
● Principles of Communication Systems
● Digital Communication Systems and Signal Processing
● Advanced Level Programming
● Integrated Electronics
● Fields and Waves
The third-year is more about elective subjects, and the students are free to choose elective options from streams that suit their interests. Students can opt from popular streams like Circuits and VLSI, Image Processing and Control, Embedded Systems, and Communications Engineering. One has to choose no less than 3 courses to complete one stream.
Any student who has completed their 10+2 education from a recognized board of education with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Computer Science as the main subjects can apply for this program.
An eligible student must also possess a minimum aggregate of 50% or above in the qualifying board examinations
Students pursuing an engineering diploma can also enroll themselves in the program upon completion of their diploma course.
Some universities also have their own qualifying entrance exam for admission, and only those who get the set cut-off percentage can seek admission into the B.Tech ECE program.
Electronics and communication engineering has a lot of scopes, both in the private and government sectors, and students graduating from this course also have the option of pursuing higher education (M.Tech) to enrich their career further.
Manipal Academy of Higher education (MAHE) is a global institute of repute. Besides courses in various other fields, here are some of the popular ones that students opt for. Click on the course of your interest to find out more about it.